Now you can own the world-class AR8200 Mark III portable receiver with unparalleled frequency coverage from 500 KHz to 3 GHz. An even better Temperature Compensated Crystal Oscillator for solid frequency stability. Improved RF circuits combine greater sensitivity, resistance to intermod products and enhanced Signal to Noise ratios. The Mark III features better audio frequency response and includes NiMH AA cells that can be charged while operating the receiver.
When you're ready for the best, you're ready for AOR.
||500 KHz - 3 GHz (Cellular Blocked for US version)|
||WFM, NFM, SFM, WAM, AM, NAM, USB, LSB, CW|
- 500KHz ~ 1.9MHz
- AM: 3.50 uV (10dB S/N)
- 1.9MHz ~ 30MHz
- AM: 2.50 uV (10dB S/N)
- 30MHz ~ 470MHz
- AM: 1.50 uV (10dB S/N)
- NFM: 0.85 uV (12dB SINAD)
- WFM: 1.50 uV (12dB SINAD)
- 470MHz ~ 1,040MHz
- NFM: 0.90 uV (12dB SINAD)
- 1,040MHz ~ 2,040MHz
- NFM: 9.00 uV (12dB SINAD)
- 2,040MHz ~ 3,000MHz
- NFM: 25.00 uV (12dB SINAD)
||190 mA at rated output (120 mW audio output)|
||61(W) x 143(H) x 39(D) mm Projections excluded|
||Approx. 340g / Approx. 12oz|
|Specification & price subject to change without notice due to continuous development of the receiver. E & OE.|
- New TCXO for greater stability - performance not found in most desktop units!
- Covers 500 KHz ~ 3 GHz - world's first handheld with this range! (Cellular Blocked)
- Ni-MH batteries included (1500mAH)
- 1,000 memory channels (20 banks x 50 channels)
- 40 search banks
- 2 VFOs
- Alphanumeric channel and bank labels
- Computer control and programming. (requires optional connection cable)
- Download free control software from AOR web site!
- "All Mode" reception includes "super narrow" FM plus wide and narrow AM in addition to USB, LSB, CW and standard AM and FM modes
- True carrier reinsertion in USB and LSB modes. Includes 3 KHz SSB filter!
- Detachable MW antenna with negative feedback
- Optional internal slot cards expand the Mark III's capabilities. Choose from Memory Expansion (up to 4,000 memories), CTCSS Squelch & Search, Tone Eliminator, and Record Audio (saves up to 20 seconds of audio)
- Tuning steps programmable in multiples of 50 Hz in all modes
- 8.33 KHz airband step is correctly supported
- Noise limiter and attenuator
- Band activity "scope" display with "save trace" capability
- Four-way side panel rocker switch allows one-hand operation
- Large, backlit, multifunction display and illuminated keypad
- Battery Save function with Low Battery indicator
- Operates on 12 VDC external power
- BNC antenna connector
- Wide choice of accessories
Five slot cards are available, only one may be fitted at a time.
||Voice inverter (analogue) in 157 steps|
||CTCSS squelch & search|
||Tone eliminator in 256 steps|
||Chip based recording and playback, 20 seconds approx.|
||External extended memory, backup 4000 memories, 160 search banks (can hold as much data as 4 x AR8200)|
There leads are available for use with the option socket.
||Tape recording lead|
||Data clone lead|
||Computer control lead with level shift (available with imperial (PC98) & metric (DOS V) screws) and supplied with RS232 protocol listing in PDF format|
There are many suitable aerials available on the market, these include.
||VHF/UHF flexible whip 245mm in length.|
||VHF/UHF telescopic which aerial.|
Comprises of six sections, extends to 625mm in length.
||VHF/UHF whip aerial on magnetic base with 4m of coaxial cable.|
Base is 85mm in diameter, total height is 720mm.
Coverage is 25 to 1300MHz.
||16 element discone aerial with 15 of coax. Coverage 30MHz to 2GHz.|
||Passive twin elements wide band aerial with 15m of coax.|
Coverage is 30kHz to 2GHz.
||Desktop loop aerial 1.6MHz to 15MHz.|
Optional elements available for LW & MW.
Supplied with BNC iead.
||VHF airband filter for increased adjacent channel selectivity.|
AR8200-MK3 Brochure (237kB)
NOTE: Communications receivers and accessories from AOR and ICOM
cannot be returned for credit, only exchange if defective within the
first 30 days.