The Whislter WS1088 will feature a Full backlit alphanumeric keypad in addition to the familiar Scan, Pause, Select and Navigation controls. A raised homing bar on the #5 key, various button shapes, and different backlight features improve accessibility. The full keyboard allows you to easily create new and edit Trunked systems, Sites, and Talkgroups directly from the scanner without the use of a pc for when you are on the go. A PC program (EZ Scan) is provided for additional customization.
The Whistler WS1088 is a handheld multi-system adaptive Digital tracking trunking scanner with Motorola P25 Phase I, X2-TDMA and Phase II capabilities. All USA/Canada frequencies are pre-programmed onto the included SD card making it ready to use out of the box. This model features an easy to use navigation with a multifunction keypad and includes a PC program for easy customization. It also includes a USB cable and PC software. It also has Virtual Scanner mode that can store 200 various scanner configurations. The WS1088 permits recording by scannable object and saves into a Windows compatible file. The clock and calendar function adds date/time info to the recordings and has the ability to power the scanner on at a specific time. The dedicated Skywarn/Weather button allows quick access to frequencies used by storm spotter networks and NOAA weather reports. Additionally, this model features Whistler’s Spectrum Sweeper and a programmable audio and visual alert system.
- The WS1088 provides the unprecedented ability to group your stored objects using up to 200 Scanlists plus a special Skywarn scanlist. Objects can be mapped to as many Scanlists as desired, giving you complete flexibility for grouping objects and selecting groups in any combination for scanning.
audible alarms can be configured to sound when certain Scannable
Objects are active. Can be used in conjunction with, or separately from,
the Alert LED described above.
- Record received audio from selected objects and searches to the Micro SD card. Replay recorded audio using powerful built-in playback system or transfer to PC for playback and archiving. Record up to 50 hours of audio on the 2 GB microSD
Built-In Discriminator Output
- Date and time stamp recorded audio files, and “alarm clock” function allows you to program the scanner to wake up and start scanning at a specific time each day.
Built-in Service Searches
- A built-in Discriminator Output provides raw discriminator signal to third party signal decoding software without risky hardware modifications.
Easy to Understand User Interface
- Predefined service search ranges make it easy to find activity in your area.
Expanded V-Scanner II Storage System
- A simplified keypad and display with familiar Scan, Pause, Skip and Navigation controls make it easy for you to use your WS1088. Behind the scenes, Whistler’s exclusive Object Oriented database runs the show, with support for millions of stored objects, limited only by MicroSD card capacity.
Full USB Interface
- With the expanded V-Scanner II (VS-II) storage system, you can use the WS1088 PC Application to save up to 200 V-Scanner configurations on the MicroSD Card, which can be recalled at any time in the field using the radio’s keypad.
Improved P25 Functionality
- Industry standard Composite Device USB interface with USB Mass Storage Device (MSD) and Serial Data (CDC) support. Access the MicroSD card without removing it from the radio, stream decoded Control Channel data and upgrade your radio’s firmware over USB. Mini USB cable included.
- The WS1088 detects and masks digital voice audio, and decodes RadioID/TalkgroupID data embedded in voice packets.
- Uses an industry standard MicroSD card to store the RadioReference data library and all of your programming - capacity for millions of stored objects! Supports cards up to 32 GB
Powerful Spectrum Sweeper
- Scans most common trunked radio system signaling formats, including Motorola, EDACS, LTR and P25 trunked radio networks. Both talkgroup and individual call monitoring are supported.
Powerful WS1088 PC Application Software Included
- Quickly sweeps the WS1088’s frequency ranges for transmissions from nearby sources. When a nearby transmission is found, the WS1088 automatically tunes to that frequency and receives the traffic. Lock out found frequencies and continue searching the same band.
Programmable Backlight and Alert LED Flash Patterns
- Customize existing programming or add new objects to scan, and keep your WS1088 firmware and Library data up to date.
SAME and All Hazards Weather Alerting
- The backlight can be programmed to flash with custom flash patterns when certain objects are active, providing another way alerting the operator when important radio traffic is present.
- displays the weather event and sounds an alert for a specific county or counties of your choice.
Signal Strength Meter
- Scan Sets expand the functionality of Scanlists by allowing you to define different combinations of enabled Scanlists as Scan Sets, then you can select one or more Scan Sets for scanning using a simple menu system. With Scanlists and Scan Sets you have unlimited possibilities for grouping, enabling and disabling objects for scanning.
Skywarn Storm Spotter Functionality
- Shows relative strength of received signals. Slim, compact case design with textured exterior finish and large speaker - Designed for durability, one-handed operation and ease of use.
The Complete RadioReference USA and Canada Database On MicroSD Card
- provides instant access to frequencies used by storm spotter networks. Monitor storm conditions as they occur, and become aware of dangerous conditions before the media or emergency management officials are able to announce them to the general public.
Upgradeable CPU Firmware, DSP Firmware and Library
- The entire USA and Canada databases from www.radioreference.com are stored on a standard MicroSD Card that is included with the WS1088, giving you access to the most comprehensive radio data available without connecting the WS1088 to a computer or the Internet! Free downloads of updated database, CPU and DSP firmware.
Whislter’s Exclusive Alert LED
- Keep your radio’s CPU and DSP firmware and RadioReference library current with enhancements and updates as they become available with free upgrades!
- Programmable tri-color LED displays thousands of colors that can be used to indicate different types of activity or activity on special channels. Program color sequences with multiple colors for special alerts, even emulate the red/blue strobe of police vehicles.
Min Operating Temperature: 14 Fahrenheit
Max Operating Temperature: 140 Fahrenheit
Supported Languages: English
PC interface (1)
1/8" headphone (1)
Power Device: "AA" batteries
Battery Type: Product
Radio System Features
Channel Scan: Yes
Includes SAME Alerts: Yes
Weather Alert: Yes
Display Illumination Color: Orange
Antenna Type: Rubber