Multi-Decoderand Fire Dispatch Logging systemInstantly discover fire dispatch pager tone frequencies, repeater access tones and DTMF codes.
Includes all the features of our popular 2-Tone Decoder, PLUS:
Serial/USB control for external relay or Push-to-Talk repeater operation - Now you can retransmit audio using our Universal Radio Interface, or activate a light, bell, door, etc. by adding an external relay (we hope to providing this accessory soon).
- CTCSS sub-audible tone decoder reveals repeater access tones
- DTMF "Touch-Tone™" decoder / logger
- Improved 2-tone decoding captures "stacked" pages
- Built-in Log Viewer / Player
- External serial port control to operate relay or PTT circuit
- Fully supports Windows 7 / Vista
- Useful for setting up SafAlert Notifier™ or for programming scanners with a "Fire station tone-out" feature.
Read on for complete description...OR see the online User Manual
How it works:
ComTekk Multi-Decoder utilizes the latest in Digital Signal Processing (DSP) technology to instantly and accurately measure the frequencies of a received two-tone paging signal or "fire dispatch tone out" signal, CTCSS "PL" tones, and DTMF codes.
Receiver audio output is fed into the computer's sound card (via cable or microphone) where an A/D converter reads the signal's instantaneous voltage 11,025 times per second. This is the sampling rate. With time and magnitude data, the software first processes each batch of samples by applying a band-pass filter or window, thereby ignoring any frequencies outside the range of 250-5,000 Hz. Another filter searches for continuous tones, ingoring noise, voice and digital communications. Frequencies below 250 Hz are generally reserved for CTCSS sub-audible tones used to access repeaters and limit interference. DTMF tones, most commonly known as "Touch-Tone" (tm AT&T) are used for paging, ANI and remote control over radio, and for dialing on telephone lines.
The tone frequencies are displayed immediately on screen. Now, simply enter the two frequencies into a two-tone alert radio such as the Uniden BCD396T to be alerted any time that tone-out is sent.
Hear a 2-tone dispatch:
CTCSS, DTMF and any single or dual sequential (1+1) tone format such as
ComTekk Multi Decoder makes use of the computer sound card and software DSP (Digital Signal Processing) techniques to decode and instantly display paging, DTMF, and CTCSS tone-encoded information.
- Motorola QuickCall 2
ComTekk Multi Decoder will listen for any sustained tone signal and display the frequency or frequencies. Audio recording may be triggered by single or two-tone activation.
For detailed operating instructions, proceed to Using Multi Decoder.
- Single and 2-tone decoding
- Standard tone sets
- DTMF decoder
- CTCSS decoder
- Audio squelch
- Adjustable trigger delay
- VU meter
- Sound card calibration
- Data Hold & Clear
- Data logging (CSV file)
- Built-in log viewer/player
- Tone-activated audio recording
- Serial port control for external relay (bell, lights, etc.), triggered by any 2-tone or DTMF sequence.
NOTE: These specifications apply only to the ComTekk Multi Decoder software. Hardware specifications will vary between different computers and sound devices.
Tone Decoder Frequency Response: 250Hz ~ 4 KHz
Input Sampling Rate: 11.025 KHz
Max. Error (calibrated sound card) :+/- 2.7Hz
Min. detectable tone duration: approx. 400 mS
Min. frequency change between tones: 10 Hz
Calibration tone : 1,000 Hz reference (WAV)
CTCSS Decoding : All standard tones from 67.0 ~ 259.1 Hz
DTMF Decoder : 50mS min. duration; Digits 0..9, A..D
WAV Recording Format : WAV
Relay hold time : 1 - 99 seconds
Actual performace will vary between different computers and sound cards. The author makes no warranties or guarantees of performance or suitability for any particular purpose, and assumes no liability whatsoever for the use or mis-use of any software products.
1. Be sure to check the system requirements before placing your order. By purchasing or installing this software, you agree to the terms and conditions set forth in the License (EULA).
2. Your temporary activation key will be delivered via the email address you provided immediately after purchase. Please check your spam filter and allow up to 24 hours before contacting Support.
**Minimum System Requirements:
Microsoft Windows 7 / Vista™/ XP
Pentium 1GHz or better CPU
16-bit full-duplex audio device