Fire Tone Decoder II
Instantly discover fire dispatch pager tone frequencies with our easy-to-use tone decoder.
• Feed scanner or receiver audio directly into computer sound card, or simply place computer microphone close to receiver's speaker.
• Built-in Auto-Calibration system for high accuracy.
• Smart filtering ignores voice audio, noise and data / ANI signals.
• Useful for programming scanners such as the Uniden BCD396T
with a "Fire station tone-out" feature.
New Features in Decoder II:
• Unattended operation
• Single-Tone or Two-Tone dispatch logging and voice capture
• Records dispatcher audio to WAV files
• Instant replay of last tone-out
• Fully supports Windows Vista
• Decode tone frequencies from 200 ~ 4,000 Hz
To upgrade from Version 1 Click Here
Read the review on RadioReference.com
Read on for complete description...OR see the online User Manual.
How it works:
ComTekk 2-Tone Decoder utilizes the latest in Digital Signal Processing (DSP) technology to instantly and accurately measure the frequencies of a received two-tone paging signal or "fire dispatch tone out" signal.
Receiver audio output is fed into the computer's sound card (via cable or microphone) where an A/D converter reads the signal's instantaneous voltage 11,025 times per second. This is the sampling rate. With time and magnitude data, the software first processes each batch of samples by applying a band-pass filter or window, thereby ignoring any frequencies outside the range of 300-5,000 Hz. Another filter searches for continuous tones, ingoring noise, voice and digital communications.
The tone frequencies are displayed immediately on screen. Now, simply enter the two frequencies into a two-tone alert radio such as the Uniden BCD396T to be alerted any time that tone-out is sent.
Any single or dual sequential tone format such as:
- Motorola QuickCall
Not compatible with dual-tone signaling such as DTMF or SELCAL.
1. Be sure to check the system requirements BEFORE placing your order. By purchasing or installing this software, you agree to the terms and conditions set forth in the License.
2. Your registration key will be delivered via the email address you provided immediately after purchase. Please check your spam filter and allow up to 24 hours before contacting support.
Minimum System Requirements:
Microsoft Windows 98/ME/2000/XP/Vista™
Pentium II - 233MHz or better CPU
16-bit full-duplex audio device
Note: Windows Mixer must be opened manually in Windows Vista™