Part Time Sales/Customer Service
SCANNER MASTER is looking for a scanner/radio fan to join our team in our Holliston office.
If you're a Ham radio enthusiast or police scanner fan with a solid knowledge of scanner or radio technology we have a sales/customer service position open in our Holliston office.
In addition to an understanding of scanners, scanner software and accessories, the preferred candidate will be comfortable with some very basic web-based radio software troubleshooting.
Initially the hours are weekdays from 10 AM to 2 PM but may well expand to full time. We would also consider a full time position immediately for the right candidate.Additional duties will be:
* Answering customer questions and taking phone orders
* Greeting walk-in customers and handling simple customer requests
* Some general clerical and occasional warehouse assistance
* Helping to coordinate returned product
* Assisting in production of videos for web site
* General marketing support
* General project support and coordinationMinimum Requirements:
- Experience and knowledge of scanners and radio communications
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience in general office setting preferred
- Comfortable with working with basic web and other computer applications
- Self motivated, ability to multi-task and prioritize across a number of projects and initiatives
- Some college coursework at a minimum required
No phone calls pleaseLocation:
Holliston,MAE-mail cover letter, resume and references for Sales/Customer Service Job - click here
We are looking to hire a part time team member with RF engineering skills to work in our office at Scanner Master in Holliston. The perfect candidate would hold a General Class Amateur Radio license or above and be skilled in the art and science of testing and evaluating scanners and receivers, antennas, pre-amplifiers, filters, etc. The selected engineer will write reports on the equipment for our web site, make recommendations for alternate equipment and also possibly develop custom accessories or prototypes for manufacture. The engineer will have his or her own office and first set-up a bench and test/evaluation area and make recommendations for new and/or used equipment to stock the bench. The engineer will also be required to wire and mount and test radio control hardware in an alarm-box type cabinet; install hardware and software on PCs and test with radio equipment; build wire harnesses and certain control boxes or manage an outside vendor for same; and, if possible, perform mobile installs of radio equipment in our future drive-in bay.
Knowledge of scanners and receivers and scanner software (Uniden-Bearcat, GRE, RadioShack, AOR, Icom) a big plus. Ability to assist occasionally on the phones and with walk-in customers helpful. Comfort level with PCs and installing hardware, software and basic troubleshooting required. Ability to understand radio control software and assist customers with such software by phone or remotely with log-me-in a must.
E-mail cover letter, resume and references for RF Engineer - click here